Position: Senior Data Architect
Technology/Info Systems, SDLC
Federal & Technical
The Canton Group is a privately held, family-owned and operated company with a 20-year track record of delivering award-winning websites, software and digital solutions to Fortune 500 organizations and Government Entities. Located in the trendy waterfront neighborhood of Canton, Baltimore, we are part of a thriving residential and business community with numerous shops, restaurants, parks and other amenities.
- Provides expertise in the most current principles and practices of architecture data management systems and experience in large system designs, and with data modeling in the information management arena.
- Provides expertise in modeling and organizing information to facilitate support of projects or information architectures.
- Provides guidance on how and what to data and process model. Primarily deals with transition planning from legacy to modern systems by concentrating on information flows, data exchange, and data translation standardization services.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
At least ten (10) years of experience planning, designing, building, and implementing IT systems.
- At least five (5) years of the required ten (10) years of experience must be in the direct supervision and management of major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex system and subsystem architectures.
- Must have led or been chief architect in major IT implementation efforts. Must demonstrate a broad understanding of client IT environmental issues and solutions and be a recognized expert within the IT industry.
- Must demonstrate advanced abilities to team and mentor and possess demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Specialized experience: At least 2 years of K-12 or Higher Education industry data warehousing experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Five (5) years of data warehousing design and development knowledge
- Five (5) years of Informatica 9.1 or higher ETL development and administration
- Five (5) years of working with Oracle 11g or higher
- Five (5) years of creating and updating data models using Erwin modeling tool
- Five (5) years or higher of programming in SQL, PL/SQL, and HTML
- Five (5) years of creating Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and dimensional data modeling g) At least one (1) year of documented experience in each of:
- Informatica Data Integration
- ETLs process design, development, and performance tuning
- Data modeling using ERD and dimensional models for highly conformed data marts, relational operational data stores, and star-schemas
- Oracle DBA skills with and ability to define indexes, create and edit tables, monitor Oracle performance
- Informatica 9.1 or higher system administrator skills and training
- Data Warehousing design and development