Position: Senior DEVSECOPS/Cloud Engineer
Location: Fully Remote
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a US Government Clearance
The Canton Group is a privately held, family-owned and operated company with a 22-year track record of delivering award-winning websites, software and digital solutions to Fortune 500 organizations and Government Entities.
As a DEVSECOPS Engineer/Generalist, we will lean on your expertise, collaboration, innovation, and forward-thinking talents to help drive major projects supporting both our public and private sector clients, as well as other exciting projects within The Canton Group. Are you someone who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment? Do you have a passion for security and working towards the highest of standards and processes? Willing to take on more duties from design to deployment and drive best scenario decisions towards improving our center of excellence?
Summary of duties/responsibilities:
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will use your development experience to secure and streamline our software development life cycle. You will lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious and labor-intensive release and deployment tasks in AWS platforms (near future opportunities include Azure exploration). You will implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual delivery, testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to broaden your capability to automate releases and build CI/CD pipeline and DevSecOps skills.
- Work with our DEVOPS team in the collaboration with our client to secure, transform, migrate, and continuously improve applications hosted in AWS cloud environments (very near future- Azure)
- Work heavily with IAC tools to streamline and automate client cloud infrastructure and deployment cycles.
Construct and deploy CI/CD pipelines using cloud native tools, cloud formations and Terraform, Puppet, PowerApps, and PowerAutomate
- Continuously improve security stance of hosted infrastructure and applications
- Expert Knowledge with AWS (EC2) cloud platform and cloud formation
- Deep background of applying a zero-trust security model to cloud platforms
- Deep background with IAC tools such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Cloud Architectural background with experience in assisting customer design the best possible migration plan into the cloud.
- Production software development process such as release management, builds, version control, etc.
Construct and deploy CI/CD pipelines using cloud native tools.
- Strong knowledge of version control specifically Git
- Deep knowledge and passion for security best practices
- Strong written and oral communications skills a must with the ability to actively engage and communicate with both management and technical customer working groups.
- Ability to work independently as well as with the team to drive deliverable completion and schedule adherence.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent experience
DEVOPS, Linux, AWS Certified Architect, Terraform, Puppet, CI/CD Pipeline, GITLAB, JIRA, Jenkins, cloud architect, software transformation to the cloud
(desired, but not required):
AZ-400 Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert, AWS Certified Architect
Highly desired skills:
- 5+ years AWS experience.
- 7+ years DevOps experience
- Experience as a Government Contractor desired (heavily weighted)
- Ability to obtain a US Government Public Trust clearance
- Must be able to pass a Federal Background Investigation