Position: DevOps Generalist/Engineer
Location: On-site –
Baltimore, MD 21224
The Canton Group is a privately held, family-owned and operated company with a 20-year track record of delivering award-winning websites, software and digital solutions to Fortune 500 organizations and Government Entities. Located in the trendy waterfront neighborhood of Canton, Baltimore, we are part of a thriving residential and business community with numerous shops, restaurants, parks and other amenities!
For us, it’s important that you have a background in development, operations, and full-stack implementations.
programming in a high-level language such as Ruby, Python, Java, C# or other language to script installation, configuration and provisioning. Are you someone who thrives in a collaborative environment? Willing to take on more duties from design to deployment?
SO….WHAT’S REQUIRED TO JOIN OUR TEAM??
- Education. Must hold a degree in computer science, engineering, or other related
- Tech Background. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Linux systems administration and DevOps- windows server admin is a huge plus, and production software development process such as release management, builds, version control, etc.
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Strong CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis and Docker
- Strong knowledge of version control specifically Git – TFS huge plus
- Expert Knowledge with AWS (EC2) cloud platform – Azure or Google huge plus
- Any knowledge in Robot framework and Selenium web driver test automation is a huge plus
- BONUS: Got Drupal Skills?? Any dabbling of sorts outside of your 9-5?? Or professionally?? That would be amazing!!
- Programming skills. Must have programming experience to cover scripting and coding; Java, C#, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Automation tool experience. Strong knowledge of open source solutions for testing and deployment; Ansible or Puppet or Chef.
- Knowledge of database systems. requires experience with both SQL or NoSQL database models.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. DevOps culture is about communication and collaboration, we need a team player and team leader at the same time. Excellent verbal, written, and teaming skills, organizational abilities and demonstrated multi-tasking abilities
- Work Authorization Requirements. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.